Preparing for the Exam
During initial enrolment, candidates must select the 2019 curriculum option on their application form. By selecting this option, candidates will be able to access the Practice and Provincial Exam.
For specific information on the structure of the Exam, candidates and HCA Programs may review the following resources:
- Appendix B: Health Care Aide Exam Blueprint (2019)
- Appendix C: Alberta HCA Competency Profile (2018)
- Alberta Health Care Aide Examination Candidate Handbook
For what to expect on the Exam day candidates are encouraged to review the following video to better understand the live proctoring process, what to expect, and how to be prepared for exam day.
An optional Practice Exam is available for Health Care Aide students to prepare for the Provincial Exam. The cost for the practice exam is $40, which provides candidates up to 5 attempts at the same exam.
To gain access to the Practice Exam students must:
- Enrol on the Directory.
- Pay the Practice Exam fee; and
- Once payment is received the candidate will be re-directed to the Measure Platform where they will have access to the Practice Exam.
What are the benefits of completing the practice test to prepare for the Provincial HCA Exam?
- To become familiar with the virtual proctoring platform to reduce test and computer anxiety.
- To become familiar with the style of questions on the Provincial HCA Exam.
- To assess knowledge level and competency on the content being tested on the Provincial Exam.
How to access the Practice Exam
Candidates are encouraged to review the following video to learn how to access the optional Practice Exam after payment.