What happens if a Health Care Aide does not renew?
Alberta Health has mandated that all Health Care Aides (HCAs) working for a publicly funded employer need to ensure continued enrolment in the Alberta HCA Directory. When the deadline to renew enrolment in the Directory has passed, all HCAs who did not renew will be made inactive on the Directory and will be required to reinstate their application.
What is a reinstatement?
Reinstatement is the process by which the HCA must “re-apply” to the Directory by updating their current profile information and providing two pieces of valid Government-issued ID. This is a requirement of reinstatement and exceptions will not be made. Reinstatement allows the Health Care Aide to then become “active” to the Alberta HCA Directory.
How to Reinstate
- Log in to your Directory portal
- Click on “Reinstate“
- Scroll through your profile and update any necessary information
- Check the box that says “I acknowledge and accept the above declaration” at the bottom of the page
- Click “Next”
- Upload 2 pieces of valid Government-issued ID
- Check the box that says “The identification documents provided above are not expired“
- Click “Submit“
Once your reinstatement application has been received and processed, you will receive an email of approval.
Health Care Aides looking for further assistance may email the Directory at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 780-670-5050