Health Care Aides who did not renew during the annual renewal will be made inactive on the Directory. To become active again, the HCA must reinstate their account on the Directory.
Reinstatement is the process by which the HCA must “re-apply” to the Directory by updating their current profile information and providing two pieces of valid Government-issued ID. This is a requirement of reinstatement and exceptions will not be made. Reinstatement allows the Health Care Aide to then become “active” to the Alberta HCA Directory.
Alberta Health has mandated that all Health Care Aides (HCAs) working for a publicly funded employer need to ensure continued enrolment in the Alberta HCA Directory.
How to Reinstate:
- Log in to your Directory portal
- Click on “Reinstate“
- Update any change information on your profile
- Read and consent to all required acknowledgements
- Click “Next”
- Upload 2 pieces of valid Government-issued ID
- Check the box that says “The identification documents provided above are not expired“
- Click “Submit“
Once your reinstatement application has been received and processed, you will receive an email of approval.
New applications submitted by inactive accounts will be removed from the Alberta HCA Directory.