To help you celebrate Alberta Health Care Aide Day #ABHCAday2018 we’ve created web banners, communications tools, shareable images and social media posts to help you spread the word leading up to the October 18, 2018 – the day the Minister of Health is declaring Health Care Aide Day!
- Post and share a social media message or photos of your celebrations using #ABHCAday2018 on October 18, 2018.
- Download and hang the poster in your lunch room or common area (with permission)
- Download and include the web banner or social media images on your social media channels
- Plan a special celebration for Health Care Aides at your facility or educational institution by checking out our ideas for celebrating.
Social Media Posts and Images
Show your support for HCAs by sharing about HCA Day 2018 on your social media channels.
- Health Care Aides are an important part of the health care team! #ABHCAday2018
- October 18 is Alberta Health Care Aide Day – how are you celebrating? #ABHCAday2018
- Meet some of the Health Care Aides who make a difference in the day-to-day lives of Albertans. http://www.albertahcadirectory.com/health-care-aides/what-hcas-are-saying/ #ABHCAday2018
- Did you know HCAs provide the majority of direct care in the continuing care sector, increasingly work in other parts of the health system, and make up the second largest group of health workers in Alberta? #ABHCAday2018
Ideas for Celebrating
Make HCA Day 2018 extra special for the HCAs you work with. Share pictures of your celebration on social media and use #ABHCAday2018 when you share!
- Download our poster and put them all over the lunchroom in October (with permission) and cater lunch on October 18.
- Invite a Health Care Aide leader to present on a topic of interest to colleagues
- Provide a special coffee break for Health Care Aides
- Organize a potluck lunch or health snack to bring Health Care Aides and other colleagues together
- Share celebrations on social media using #ABHCAday2018
- Suggest story ideas to your communications department based on Health Care Aides and their work
- Hand out items to each Health Care Aide directly and be sure to express gratitude for their work with a sincere ‘Thank you’. i.e. Thank You cards, pins, lanyards, water bottles, gift cards
- Acknowledge the time that Health Care Aides have spent working at your facility – hold a small ceremony and hand out ‘Years of Service’ certificates or a token of recognition
- Cut out stars from yellow construction paper, write the names of Health Care Aides on them, and attach the stars to a bulletin board in a common area of your facility. Place a banner across the top that says ‘Health Care Aides are valued members of the health care team’.
- Highlight your HCA educational program by setting up a booth or display about the program and Health Care Aides in October.
- Promote your HCA educational program on social media, or by submitting information about it to the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory website at http://www.albertahcadirectory.com/contact/
- Encourage Health Care Aides to join the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory at http://www.albertahcadirectory.com/
Here is some information on other provinces and how they celebrate HCAs: