The Alberta Health Care Aide Directory:
- Serves as a central resource for Alberta HCAs to get information, news and updates
- Confirms that HCAs working in Alberta have successfully attained the core competencies necessary to provide safe, proficient care for patients and clients
- Educates employers, educators, stakeholders and Albertans about HCAs’ role in healthcare
- Acts as a database to collect information on HCA employment necessary for workforce planning
- Aligns with the Government of Alberta’s commitment to having a competent and valued Health Care Aide workforce that provides care to Albertans
- Supports health workforce planning in Alberta, including planning for current and future educational needs and spaces for Alberta HCAs
HCA Student Directory Enrolment
- HCA students will be able to enrol in the Alberta HCA Directory once they are enroled in a recognized Alberta educational institution
- The Directory will work with educators to facilitate enrolment of HCAs students and graduates. If you would like more information please contact the HCA Directory at email@example.com
- Only Health Care Aides will have the ability to enrol themselves. Another person will not be able to enrol a Health Care Aide
- Graduates will be required to provide proof of course completion directly from their post-secondary institution, unless they completed their program in the first year of launching of the Directory
General Information for helping HCAs enrol in Alberta Health Care Aide Directory can be found in the Toolbox and Videos below.
Educator & Student Toolbox and Video Assistance
For more information about the Alberta HCA Directory please check the Frequently Asked Questions.