Communication of Results
Candidates will receive an unconfirmed (tentative) pass or fail result immediately after completing their provincial exam from the Meazure Learning. However, the Alberta HCA Directory will email each candidate their official pass or fail result within seven (7) calendar days.
Only candidates who pass the Exam are eligible to receive the Alberta Health Care Aide Curriculum (2019) Certificate.
Candidates who receive an unsuccessful result will be given access to diagnostic information to assist in preparing for a 2nd or 3rd exam attempt.
- Candidates must wait for a minimum of 14 calendar days between each failed examination attempt. See policy 5.3 of the Government of Alberta Examination Policies
- Candidates are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to complete all three (3) attempts by monitoring their date of program completion provided in their email.
A video demonstration is available below for candidates to learn how to access their Diagnostic Information:
Appeal request requirements:
Exam results themselves cannot be appealed. Candidates may appeal the exam administration process only if they believe an irregularity in the process may have affected their success.
To request an appeal, candidates must:
Complete and submit the Alberta Provincial HCA Examination Appeal Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The appeal form must be submitted within a maximum of seven (7) calendar days of receipt of official exam results.
- Only one (1) appeal form per application will be considered by the HCA Directory.
- Incomplete appeal forms will not be considered by the HCA Directory.
- Appeal forms must be submitted by the candidate (student) directly to the HCA Directory.
(See Government of Alberta HCA Examination Policies 12.0 Examination Appeals)