Exam Results & Appeal
Candidates receive an unconfirmed (tentative) pass or fail result immediately after completing their provincial exam.
An official pass or fail result will be emailed to the candidate from the Alberta HCA Directory within five (5) business days.
Candidates who pass the exam are eligible to receive the Alberta Health Care Aide Curriculum (2019) Certificate.
Candidates who receive a fail result will be provided with additional resources and diagnostic information with their email in order to assist in preparing for a 2nd or 3rd exam attempt.
- Candidates must wait for a minimum of ten (10) business days (14 calendar days) between each exam attempt.
- Candidates have a maximum of 60 days from the date of program completion to complete all three (3) attempts of the Exam.
- Candidates are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to complete all three (3) attempts by monitoring their date of program completion provided in their email.
(See Alberta Health Care Aide Examination Candidate Handbook for detailed information about the exam)
Can a candidate appeal their Provincial Exam result?
Exam results themselves cannot be appealed. Candidates may appeal the exam administration process only if they believe an irregularity in the process may have affected their success.
(See Government of Alberta HCA Examination Policies (2020) 12.0 Examination Appeals)
How can a candidate submit an appeal?
- Candidates must provide a brief and specific summary of their reasons for making the appeal related to the exam administration process.
Appeal request requirements:
- Complete and submit the Alberta Provincial HCA Examination Appeal Form to email@example.com
- Appeal Form must be submitted within a maximum of five (5) business days of receipt of official exam results
- Only one (1) appeal form per applicant will be considered by the Directory
- Incomplete appeal forms will not be considered by the Directory