Candidates receive an unconfirmed (tentative) pass or fail result immediately after completing their provincial exam.
An official pass or fail result will be emailed to the candidate from the Alberta HCA Directory within seven (7) calendar days.
Candidates who pass the exam are eligible to receive the Alberta Health Care Aide Curriculum (2019) Certificate.
- Candidates who receive a fail result will be provided with additional resources and diagnostic information with their email in order to assist in preparing for a 2nd or 3rd exam attempt.
- Candidates must wait for a minimum of 14 calendar days between each failed exam attempt.
- Candidates are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to complete all three (3) attempts by monitoring their date of program completion provided in their email.
Diagnostic Report Information
A video demonstration is available below for candidates to learn how to access their Diagnostic Information:
Exam results themselves cannot be appealed. Candidates may appeal the exam administration process only if they believe an irregularity in the process may have affected their success.
How can a candidate submit an appeal?
- Candidates must provide a brief and specific summary of their reasons for making the appeal related to the exam administration process.
Appeal request requirements:
- Complete and submit the Alberta Provincial HCA Examination Appeal Form to email@example.com
- Appeal Form must be submitted within a maximum of seven (7) calendar days of receipt of official exam results
- Only one (1) appeal form per applicant will be considered by the Directory
- Incomplete appeal forms will not be considered by the Directory
(See Government of Alberta HCA Examination Policies 12.0 Examination Appeals)