Access to the Provincial Exam
To access the Provincial Exam, candidates must:
After a candidate has enrolled on the Directory. The candidate will receive an email from the Directory with instructions on how to pay and book the Provincial Exam within their Directory portal. Candidates should note the following:
- Exams can be booked within 24 hours and can be written at any time with no accommodation request. If accommodations are required, it is necessary for Candidates to apply and receive confirmation of accommodation prior to paying and booking the desired Exam date.
- The booking system utilizes a 24-hour clock. We advise all candidates to be mindful when booking to ensure they are selecting the right time and time zone prior to submitting their booking.
- Candidates experiencing issues with booking their exam must contact ProctorU directly.
Candidates must read the candidate handbook prior to writing the Provincial Exam for detailed information about the exam and all the requirements.
How to book the Provincial Exam
Candidates are responsible for reviewing and ensuring they meet the computer, equipment, browser, and internet connection requirements outlined in the candidate handbook and on the ProctorU website. For more information on these requirements, please review the following:
Post-Secondary Institution (PSI)
Post-secondary institutions are required to provide students with access and time during regularly scheduled classes to complete this step. For more information on how to enrol on the Directory, please review the How to Apply webpage.
- For students (candidates) to receive access from the Directory, each PSI must communicate the eligibility of its students using the PSI Candidate spreadsheet.
- 2019 Curriculum HCA students currently enrolled in the provincial HCA 2019 curriculum are not required to provide the Directory with transcripts to be granted access to the Provincial HCA Exam.
- PSIs can contact the Directory at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an orientation for the Provincial HCA Exam process.
- PSIs can contact the Directory at email@example.com to request the PSI Candidate Spreadsheet from the Directory at firstname.lastname@example.org for student access to the Provincial HCA Exam.
Online Proctored Exam Contact
Candidates are encouraged to review the following video to better understand the live proctoring process, what to expect, and how to be prepared for exam day.
Resources for taking a Virtual Exam
- Online Proctoring FAQ
- Watch this video for a demonstration of a live proctored exam – Live+ Student Walkthrough
- Equipment Testing Requirements
- Test-Taker Resource Centre
- TEST your Equipment with the Virtual ProctorU Equipment Testing
- ProctorU – Assessment Support Contact Information