The Directory will consider all requests from candidates for Exam accommodations. Each request will be evaluated on an individual basis. All accommodation requests must be submitted a minimum of 15 business days prior to the scheduled Exam date.
Candidates requesting accommodations to write the Exam must:
- Submit a written request to the Exam Administrator at email@example.com; and
- Attach a letter from a physician identifying any restrictions and limitations the candidate experiences due to their disability; OR
- Submit a letter from the post-secondary institution (PSI) identifying the accommodations received (where a candidate is not under the care of a physician)
Special Accommodation Request forms:
All decisions are final and cannot be appealed, where a candidate’s request for accommodations is denied, the Exam Administrator will provide the candidate with written reasons for the denial.
About the Exam
The Alberta HCA Examination Candidate Handbook (2020) is a resource for exam candidates and instructors to assist in preparing for the Exam and understanding related processes. This handbook contains relevant guidelines, procedures and other supporting information.
Candidates MUST READ THIS HANDBOOK FIRST* Alberta Health Care Aide Examination Candidate Handbook (2020)
External Links & References
- Online Proctoring Exam FAQ
- The Provincial Exam is governed by the Government of Alberta Provincial Health Care Aide Examination Policies (2020)
- Conduct during the exam is also governed by the Government of Alberta Provincial Health Care Aide Examination Policies (2020)
- Candidates may review the following for additional information: Alberta Health Care Aide Examination Candidate Handbook (2020)
- Exam Fee Schedule PDF
- Appendix B: Health Care Aide Exam Blueprint (2019)
- Appendix C: Alberta HCA Competency Profile (2018)
- How to Enrol in the Directory PDF