Candidates requesting accommodations to write the examination must submit a completed accommodations request form to the Examination Administrator. The Directory will consider all requests from candidates for Exam accommodations. Each request will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- All accommodation requests must be submitted a minimum of 21 calendar days prior to the end of their final clinical experience.
- Candidates requesting accommodations to write the Exam must submit a completed exam accommodation request form to the Exam Administrator at email@example.com which includes:
- Information from a physician identifying any restrictions and limitations the candidate experiences due to their disability; OR
- Information from the post-secondary institution (PSI) identifying the accommodations received (where a candidate is not under the care of a physician)
Candidates will be notified of the decision of their accommodation request by email. Candidates will be required to sign an agreement that identifies which accommodations have been approved. All decisions are final and cannot be appealed. Where a candidate’s request for accommodations is denied, the Exam Administrator will provide the candidate with written reasons for the denial.
The Directory will not approve any additional accommodations without prior approval. After approval, candidates will be provided instructions on how to book their exams.
- Candidates (students) must read the candidate handbook prior to writing their Provincial HCA Examination.
If you have questions about Provincial Exam registration, eligibility, and other general topics: