Alberta Nursing Students Requirements
Alberta nursing students that are seeking employment in Alberta as HCAs must:
- Enrol on the Alberta HCA Directory.
- Email a copy of their unofficial transcripts directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please indicate in the email subject line the program name (i.e. Bachelor of Nursing, Practical Nursing).
Alberta Nursing Student requirements:
- It is the responsibility of the nursing student to ensure that their unofficial transcripts reflect the educational requirements outlined in the Alberta HCA Substantial Equivalence Assessment Policies.
- The status for these nursing students will be “Sub. Eq – In Progress.”
- Employers will be able to verify through the employer portal the nursing students’ enrollment on the Directory when the student nurse completes their application and submits a copy of their transcript.
- Nursing students will only receive approval as Substantially Equivalent once unofficial transcripts have been received to email@example.com and verified for approval.
- For the duration of this provision, Alberta nursing students will not be required to pay the Substantial Equivalence Assessment fee.
Extension to Interim Substantial Equivalence Policies
- Alberta Nursing students applying for the Substantial Equivalent status on the Directory are not required to complete the formal substantial equivalent assessment and pay the assessment fee.
- This policy will be in place until regulation of Health Care Aides comes into effect or until the Continuing Care Health Service Standards is updated.