Alberta Nursing Students Assessment Requirements
Alberta nursing students that are seeking employment in Alberta as HCAs must:
- Submit a complete application to the Alberta HCA Directory for enrolment.
- Email a copy of their post-secondary institution’s unofficial transcripts directly to Assessment Requirements.
- Alberta nursing student applicants must indicate in the email subject line their program name (i.e. Bachelor of Nursing, Practical Nursing).
Alberta HCA Directory Status for Alberta Nursing Students
- It is the responsibility of the nursing student to ensure that their unofficial transcripts reflect the educational requirements outlined in the Alberta HCA Substantial Equivalence Assessment Policies.
- The status for these nursing students will be “Sub. Eq – In Progress.”
- Employers will be able to verify through the employer portal the nursing students’ enrollment on the Directory when the student nurse completes their application and submits a copy of their transcript.
- Nursing students will only receive approval as Substantially Equivalent once unofficial transcripts have been received to Assessment Requirements and verified for approval.
- For the duration of this provision, Alberta nursing students will not be required to pay the Substantial Equivalence Assessment fee.
Nursing students will be subject to the program requirements outlined in the Alberta HCA Substantial Equivalence Assessment Policies.