The Alberta Health Care Aide Directory
|The Alberta Health Care Aide Directory provides information on Alberta’s largest group of care providers in continuing care.
Health Care Aides (HCAs) are important and respected members of Alberta’s frontline healthcare and an important part of helping Albertans receive quality, person-centred care.
Did you know it is mandatory for HCAs to enrol in the Directory?
Alberta Health has mandated that all Health Care Aides (HCAs) working for a publicly funded employer enrol in the Alberta HCA Directory.
Having all HCAs working for a publicly funded employers enrol in the Directory will provide Alberta Health and its partners with good workforce data, which will support the development of health human resource plans. More importantly, it will provide public assurance that Alberta’s HCAs are competent.
Participate in an upcoming webinar to learn more about enroling in the Directory
- Thursday, August 29th – 10:00 am – 11:00 am MST
Register for this webinar.
The Alberta Health Care Aide Directory:
- Serves as a central resource for Alberta HCAs to get information, news and updates
- Confirms that HCAs working in Alberta have successfully attained the core competencies necessary to provide safe, proficient care for patients and clients
- Educates employers, educators, stakeholders and Albertans about HCAs’ role in healthcare
- Acts as a database to collect information on HCA employment necessary for workforce planning
- Launched on May 1, 2017
Want more information about the Directory? Sign up for our newsletter that provides information and updates about the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory Project.
Please download the checklist above, print, and share to help us promote information about the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory.